Let’s not put a ceiling on happiness hey! I don’t! It’s interesting to think about our happiness, it’s not quantifiable, and yet it’s not theoretical. We cannot hold it or control. Yet – It is real. Biochemically we can measure it, in a certain way! We can ‘feed’ our happiness, nourish it and grow it.
And do you know, not once in 30 years of my Work, no one has ever come to me and said: “I’ve got too much happiness can you help to cure it!”
MY GOLDEN BULLETS TO NURTURE AND NOURISH OUR HAPPINESS:
• Check our beliefs.
• Our Beliefs drive a massive part of our behaviour
• Our Beliefs are often unconscious, that is we do not consciously know we have them!
• So when we set our goal to achieve X Y Z, for example lose weight, assert our self with our ‘snarly’ boss and we failed with that goal in the past – we will probably have a belief that we will ‘Fail Again’.
• No matter how much ‘get up and go’, up beat energy, determination we think we have to achieve our goal, our behaviours will be driven by our unconscious ‘I’m a failure’ belief
GOLDEN BULLET TO HAVE POSITIVE BELIEFS:
If you have been Working with repeating to your self a truism like my example:
“It is healthy and also nice to be calm.”
Now begin to Work with a positive affirmation like my example: “I’m going to be really, really calm! (….when I assert myself with my daughter, or boss, or neighbour….)”
• The use and purpose of positive affirmation is to ‘bring up’ into our conscious mind and awareness any objecting negative beliefs that we may have, so that we can do something about them and change them.
• Positive affirmations do not create positive beliefs to achieve our goal. And if we have no negative beliefs we don’t blimin’ well need to waste our time with positive affirmation, we simply act and achieve!
• Here’s the absolute ‘gold’: – as you say your affirmation, be exquisitely sensitive, which I know you are, to your immediate next thought.
(By the way I don’t think I’ve mentioned that a few years ago I contacted several neuroscience departments in universities asking: What is the speed of thought?
One answer is: Less than one tenth of a second.
So you need to slow down to get some of those thoughts, or you’ll miss them.
My free download story will help you to slow down your thoughts
• If your very next thought is objecting – to your affirmation – this objection will be your negative belief – which will have it’s foundation in some kind of failure……
• Write down your objecting thoughts (negative beliefs) – and Work to discover your solutions to them.
• Remember that a lot of our negative behaviour patterns are driven by our negative beliefs, and we can change them.
• You can also Work with one of my 40 day courses, this will help you enormously.
• Once we get to know our negative beliefs we have choice. We can choose to change them.
• When we really get to understand our deep inner belief systems, particularly about our self, we can choose to have only those beliefs that are supportive of our self and celebrate our life, enhancing our happiness.
• We can choose to stop having those beliefs that are self condemning or self invalidating.
MORE GOLDEN BULLETS TO SUCCEED:
More on goal setting.
• Goal setting takes time.
So we’ll remind ourselves about goals.
• What do successful people have in common?
• They know their goal, they know what they want to achieve.
• When we set our selves a goal to achieve, we need to make sure we state, or write it down in the positive.
• And, speak your goal out loud, congruently, our DNA responds to sound.
• So, an example of what I mean. Chanting internally: “I Will stop being angry with X or Y”, will inevitably lead to anger with X or Y. Because the brain has ‘heard’ the word anger, the brain will attempt to access that behaviour.
• So, the goal needs to be stated as something like: I really want to be understanding and supportive of X or Y.
By the way if anger is an issue for you or someone close to you my 40 day End Anger Course on CD’s and MP3 is about Ending anger, not controlling or managing anger, permanent resolution, Cures that Endure.
• Goal setting needs our attention, to nurture our emotions.
A simple goal might be: I want to lose weight.
• We need to check attentively with our emotions that the words we use are in harmony with every part of us.
So, someone for example who has sadly had a huge loss, maybe of a loved one, the word lose, as in lose weight could be deeply uncomfortable to say the least.
And part of the persona will emotionally resist the word lose, and the weight will not change, or may even get worse.
This is how important the words we use in goal setting are. In this example the words for this goal may need to be something like: I want to become slim, strong and healthy!
When our negative thoughts and negative beliefs are also ‘woven’ into emotional ‘pain’, hurt, suffering – please do Work with one of my 40 day courses. No matter the issue you are dealing with Judith all my 40 day courses will take you to a safe place and space where you can and will resolve, safely, your ‘pain’ And you do not need to know, or remember what caused your ‘pain’
I’m still Working on being a real Revolutionary!
Enjoy your ‘gold’
Thinking of you warmly
Cures that Endure
My personal and private e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org